Do you want to become a trainee or intern in Minnesota or in the United States?
Benefits for Trainees
- Gain a competitive advantage for future jobs
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Be able to put your theoretical knowledge into practice and learn the differences between the Scandinavian and the American way of doing business
- Improve your ability to communicate and work cross-culturally
- Improve your English skills
About the program
SACC Minnesota's Trainee Program is an educational and cultural exchange program, offering young people from Sweden an excellent opportunity to gain experience with SACC Minneosta and one of our Member Companies in the United States.
The SACC J-1 visa trainee program gives you a great opportunity to enhance your skills and knowledge in your chosen career during a period from 3 weeks to 18 months. Learn how to conduct business in an American business environment, get acquainted with the American culture, and start building a personal international network for the future. A trainee or internship position will be an opportunity of a lifetime!
Five Types of Trainee Programs
- Trainees who have found a host organization with SACC-USA’s help
- Trainees at SACC Regional Chambers
- Trainees who have found a host organization on their own
- Swedish students writing their Bachelor or Master´s theses for a U.S. company
- Employees of Swedish companies who need to go to the U.S. for training with a mother company, subsidiary or business/joint venture partner
Requirements for Internship or Trainee Positions
- You must be a Swedish citizen
- You must be at least 21 years old
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English
- You must be a current University student or a University student holding a degree from an academic institution outside of the U.S.
- You must have health and accident insurance valid for the trainee period
- You must follow the training plan developed by the host company