The SACC-USA Trainee Program assists companies searching for talented Swedish interns or trainees.
The SACC-USA Trainee Program & J-1 Visa Service offers companies located in the U.S. the opportunity to host a trainee from Sweden on a J-1 Visa. The program offers highly qualified, bilingual Swedish trainees with a minimum age of 21. Many of the trainees have finished a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or are current students in the highly regarded Swedish educational system.
An international perspective and understanding is something each trainee will bring to your company. The program is a great chance for the host company or organization to acquire qualified skills and a European mindset during a period of 3 weeks up to 18 months.
Benefits for Host Companies
- Qualified Trainees: Host well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees in a training program from 3 weeks up to 18 months.
- International Exposure: The trainee will bring a Swedish and European perspective to your company or organization.
- Large Pool of Candidates: SACC-USA will post your position and help market it on their website to generate applicants that will be a good fit for your company.
- Expertise: SACC-USA guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation making the entire process quick and easy.
- Cost efficient: There are generally no social security or Medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee. The host organization pays the SACC-USA visa service fee and the SEVIS fee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses.
Host Company Requirements
- Host companies must have an employer identification number and workman’s compensation insurance.
- Host companies must provide continuous training and supervision throughout the program.
- Host companies must have at least one fulltime employee working at the office where the intern/trainee will do the training.
- Host companies must be a SACC-MN Corporate or Enterprise member